Carbide R II Mountain Bike Shoe
The Carbide has consistently delivered the comfortable and supportive fit of Giro's premium mountain bike shoes, but in a more wallet-friendly package that leaves cash left over to fund epic riding trips and upgrades to your trusty steed. Now, Giro has updated this longtime favorite with improved breathability and lower weight. So whether you're going for a quick lap at your local trails, or embarking on a long backcountry excursion with thousands of feet of vertical gain, the Carbide R II Mountain Bike Shoe is prepared to tackle any terrain.
The Carbide R II uses the same sturdy injected nylon sole as the previous version to provide instant power transfer to the pedals, with co-molded rubber lugs that give you traction for walking on slick or loose surfaces. The difference lies in the construction of the uppers, which now have mesh panels throughout to significantly improve ventilation to your foot. Fit adjustments are made easy using three wide hook-and-loop straps, while the EVA footbed cushions your foot and supports your arch for comfort on long rides.
- A mountain bike shoe for XC and trail adventures
- Redesigned uppers improve breathability and save weight
- Injected nylon sole provides efficient power transfer to the pedals
- Rubber lugs enhance grip when walking on rocks and roots
- Wide hook-and-look straps allow quick and simple adjustment
- EVA footbed delivers comfort and arch support on longer rides
- Item #GIR00KJ