Artex MIPS Helmet
The Giro Artex MIPS Helmet takes a sleek and compact road-race inspired design, and pairs with a removable visor, substantial ventilation, and extended head coverage that's perfect for trail riding or grinding out long miles on mixed surface roads. Add in MIPS technology for added protection against rotational impact forces and you've got a pretty solid helmet for just over $100.
Giro constructs the helmet using their In-Mold process that fuses a tough polycarbonate shell to impact-absorbing EPS foam inside the mold, resulting in a lightweight yet strong helmet with extensive ventilation and minimal bulk. On the inside of the EPS liner, Giro uses their Roc Loc 5 Air MIPS retention system for a highly adjustable fit that stays in place and is comfortable on longer rides. By integrating MIPS with the retention system, Giro improves the overall fit without sacrificing the ability of the MIPS system to disperse rotational forces in the event of an angled impact.
With 25 Wind Tunnel vents that channel incoming air over and around your head while pushing hot and stale air out, the Artex MIPS stays cool even when you're charging hard on hot summer days. Additionally, the CoolFit anti-microbial padding effectively manages sweat to further aid in keeping you cool and dry, all while resisting odor build-up over time.
- A lightweight, breathable helmet for trail riding or gravel grinding
- Sleek design offers extensive coverage with minimal bulk
- In-mold construction keeps things light, tough, and breathable
- Roc Loc 5 system is easily adjustable for a secure & comfortable fit
- Integrated MIPS can help disperse rotational impact forces
- Wind Tunnel vents channel airflow to keep you cool
- Quick-link visor is easily removed or installed
- Anti-microbial padding manages sweat and odor
- Item #GIR00K5