Why We Like The Garmin Edge Explore 2 GPS
For road cyclists who want reliable navigation but can do without advanced training and recovery metrics, Garmin’s Edge Explore 2 GPS bike computer delivers a bang for our buck with its ample display size and slate of basic day-to-day features. The Explore 2 shines with navigation, letting us create and upload routes from Strava, Komoot, and others or follow existing routes stores in the Edge’s Course Creator. Bike-specific maps highlight popular roads, high-traffic areas, and points of interest, while off-course recalculation helps us quickly re-route if needed. The Edge Explore 2 features up to a 16-hour battery life in demanding use, keeping us covered for longer rides and helping preserve our phone battery.
- Bike computer with solid navigation and a big display
- Easy setup to populate and manage custom profiles from smartphone
- Features road, off-road, indoor, and eBike activity profiles
- ClimbPro feature provides elevation data to pace yourself on ascents
- IPX7 construction is fully waterproof to withstand heavy rain
- Group tracking and group messaging features to stay connected
- Incident detection automatically alerts emergency contacts
- PIN-protected bike alarm notifies you on smartphone if your bike is tampered with
- Item #GRMF05Z
- yes, ClimbPro
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Technical Features
- Please see size chart for complete list of technical features
- rated IPX7 (withstands water exposure up to 1 meter deep for 30min)
- Battery Type
- rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life
- up to 16h
- Mount Type
- Edge Explore 2, standard mount, USB cable, documentation
- 4.2 x 2.2 x 0.8in
- Face Size
- Claimed Weight
- road cycling, training
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 1 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help