Why We Like The Compound Bib Pant
Whether new snow at the resort or hidden stashes out of bounds are calling our name, we pull on the Flylow Compound Bib Pant. Blower snow flying in the air while we turn is repelled by the removable bib and full waterproof membrane. Meanwhile, the inner and outer thigh zips work together to release heat off of our legs while we skin up for another lap.
- Capable bibs built for backcountry skiing and snowboarding
- Durable nylon face fabric handles run-ins with branches
- eVent membrane wicks sweat while fighting off weather
- Fully sealed seams and DWR treatment prevent saturation
- Softshell bib zips off for completely custom coverage
- Inner and outer thigh zippers dump excess heat
- Reinforced kick patches add longevity and peace of mind
- Item #FLGZ05Y
- [membrane/laminate] eVent, [face fabric] 100% nylon, DWR coating, [kick patches] 1000D nylon
- Waterproof Rating
- fully sealed
- [x-small, small] 31in [medium, large, x-large, xx-large] 32in
- 1 zippered chest, 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered rear, 1 zippered thigh with beacon loop, chest daisy chain
- outer-thigh zippers, inner-thigh zippers, eVent Direct Venting Expedition fabric
- belt loops, adjustable hook-and-loop tabs
- removable, soft shell, adjustable suspenders
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 8oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
- skiing, snowboarding
2.5 based on 3 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 28, 2023
Quality is there. Sizing is not.
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 5' 11"
I love my Flylow Quantum Pro Jacket in size Large. I was looking for bibs that would complete my kit. The Flylow quality seems to be there on the Compound bib, but the sizing is off particularly in the chest. I followed the size chart. I am a 36" waist and a 42" chest. The Large should have fit me fine, but the bib portion was too tight even with just a thin shirt underneath. I could get it zipped, but it would not be comfortable for a day on the hill. The pants buttoned fine. I cannot see how this would fit anyone with a 44" chest.
October 28, 2023
- Size Bought:
- 5' 11"
My bib came with the intuitive PERM fabric and not the eVent DV as advertised. Not only is this some "proprietary" in house fabric which means it could be anything from a secret formula to a cutting corners, but more importantly the waterproof/breathability ratings changed a lot. eVent DV fabric has a rating of 30k and 0.06cpm permeability while the PERM is only 20k and 0.02cpm permeability. I know anything over 10k is pretty much the same for waterproofness, but air permeability is 1/3rd of the eVent fabric, and that was the selling point for me. Also flylow markets their "proprietary" replacement fabric as the PERM and yet it has less permeability than the previous fabric, which seems more like cost savings at the expense of the consumer (price hasn't changed). It's a real shame as the fit and finish are great (5'11, 165lbs, 32x32 and the medium fits perfect). I may still keep it for that, but I bought it for breathability and being misled by patently false marketing material (this seems to be an issue across several retailers) is a surefire way to make buyers remorseful even if your product is still excellent.
December 21, 2021
Guess I?m a bib guy now
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 5' 6"
Let me start by saying I am NOT a bib guy, and I was disappointed to see these turn into bibs? but whatever they?re zip offs and they?re eVent fabric. Points. Figure I might as well try them out complete and HOLY COW! It?s like not even wearing pants! The uppers are light and breathable with a perfect phone or beacon pocket. Waterproof fabrics and a good fit. I?m a bib guy now I guess.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help