Select Style & Size
Salathe Climbing Helmet
Hopefully you won't have to take Edelrid's Salathe Climbing Helmet during the Steck-Salathe's squeeze chimney, but if you do, at least it won't be weighing you down. At seven ounces, the Salathe is Edelrid's lightest helmet. Not just appealing to gram-counting big wall climbing, the Salathe provides a comfier fit due to its hybrid construction with a hardshell up top and softer core. There are twelve large ventilation holes to amplify airflow in warmer weather, and the chin straps tuck inside the helmet for compact storage.
- Ultralight climbing helmet with a hybrid design for a comfier feel
- ABS hardshell up top protects from falling rocks
- EPP core absorbs impacts from the front, sides, and back
- Large air vents amplify airflow for warmer weather
- Minimal chin straps adjust for a low-profile, secure fit
- Clips for headlamp
- Item #ELR0050
- Shell Material
- Impact Foam
- 12 large openings
- EN 12492
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- sport climbing, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
May 10, 2019
Fits like a glove -- and so light!
- I've used it several times
This is the best fitting helmet i've ever tried on. Sits down on the head with a narrower profile but good coverage not only for the top of the head but the side and back as well. I have a bigger size head and got the large size and it fits great. About as light as you can get and makes wearing a helmet a no brainer - pun intended. And its pronounced - Sal - la - they (sort of)