Select your style & size:Select options
Don't leave your favorite hammock at home just because of cold temps. The Eagle's Nest Outfitters Ember 2 Underquilt surrounds your hammock to protect you from the cold air surrounding you. It has a universal fit that makes it compatible with any backpack or camp-style hammock. By providing insulation under you and on the sides, the Underquilt provides a barrier to keep cold air out and warm air in.
- Ripstop fabric
- DWR coating
- Polyester insulation
- 50 degree temperature rating
- Includes nylon stuff sack
- Item #EGN000L
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have not been able to take a hammock backpacking trip yet since ordering this. I ordered the whole kit: Eno double nest, Eno bug net, Eno tent, Eno underquilt, and atlas straps. The gear is what I expected and sets up nicely.
All the gear has a similar weight to my Big Agnes seedhouse 2. However, since there are no poles the gear can be moved around more in a backpack than a tent.
Much Warmer than Expected
This under Quilt is surprisingly warm. I was worried since the temp rating said 50 degree temp rating, but winter camping. Went ahead and bought this thing, and so happy I did. I took it up into the Uinta’s backpacking. It got down to freezing, and this thing was PLEANTY warm. We used our 0 degree down bags like a blanket on top of us and it worked great.
• Make it just a little bit bigger to fit fully up the sides of the hammock – Though I know the point of an under quilt is just to cover the bottom, it would be nice to feel more secure if it was a little bigger – Our hammock was a two person hammock and we both sleep in it at the same time, so if you are a single lady (or man) this might not be an issue
• It’s a tad bulky, but taking this saves on space in other areas so well worth it – about the same size as a sleeping bag to pack
• Haven’t used this solo yet, so the extra warmth could be from the additional body in the hammock. But even so our bums did not freeze all night as they have in the past.
• Its synthetic which keeps away any undue moisture when packing it back into the stuff sack
• VERY easy to put up and down. Just clip it to your hammock clip
• It’s great to save on space by not having to take a tent and sleeping pads. – I think one sleeping bag over top of us would have sufficed; the two down bags zipped together was almost too much.