The 156 Snowboard
Why We Like The The 156 Snowboard
DC is known for their killer snowboard gear and apparel but not many may know they have a pretty slick lineup of decks. One deck though is a clear winner of their quiver, and that's the 156 Snowboard. Since its release a few years ago it's been turning heads and winning awards for its versatility on the snow. Now with some time to tweak and tune it, it's only become better.
The 156 comes in one size (hint: check the title) that's primed for nearly all riders. Stepping away from the fancy-dancy reverse camber profiles that have become so prominent, DC pressed it with a traditional camber for tight and snappy response to power it up in the park or on the pow. And with power comes the need for additional support, so they placed a strong wood core with triax glassing in it for a stiff flex that lends plenty of stability no matter the speed we get going at. The blunted tip and tail owe it some appreciation too—this makes it easier to spin around and reduces the effective edge without sacrificing grip.
- Blunted twin tip snowboard that's ready to ride it all
- Traditional camber profile adds pop, power, and plenty of edge hold
- Stiff flex stabilizes the deck when hauling it down the fall line
- Light wood core and triax glassing provide smooth-flexing durability
- Smaller sidecut radius allows for quick and rowdy carvability
- Angled sidewalls help absorb impacts from constant rail bashing
- Sintered Supreme base retains wax longer for less repair sessions
- Item #DCSZ99R