Bring it on.
The forecast is calling for gale-force gusts and freezing rain on the peak you're planning on hiking. "Good", you say, as you slip on your Darn Tough Women's Mountaineering Over-The-Calf Extra Cushion Sock. This sock features a heavyweight merino wool blend and thick cushioning to help you laugh in the face of icy winds, sideways sleet, and treacherous terrain.
Unlike other socks built for extreme weather, this one features Darn Tough's streamlined performance fit so it still fits comfortably in your boot. Merino wool regulates temperature to maintain comfort from the trailhead to the peak, nylon adds durability, and Lycra maintains stretch and recovery so the fit doesn't fade over time. This sock also features Darn Tough's thickest, highest-density cushioning to ease impacts from rugged terrain and ease the burden of fully-loaded packs.
- Heavyweight wool sock for the coldest, wettest conditions
- Merino wool naturally regulates temperature and resists odor
- Nylon and Lycra added for durability and stretch
- Extra cushion for rugged terrain and heavy packs
- Performance fit for no slipping, bunching, or blisters
- Proudly made in Vermont, USA
- Item #DRN007V
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Got these socks for my Mom who always has cold feet. And she loves them. She said there super warm and comfy. She also loves the fact that if she does put a hole in them she can just send them in.