Mountaineering OTC Extra Cushion Sock
The forecast is calling for gale-force gusts and freezing rain on the peak you're planning on hiking. "Good", you say, as you slip on your Darn Tough Women's Mountaineering Over-The-Calf Extra Cushion Sock. This sock features a heavyweight merino wool blend and thick cushioning to help you laugh in the face of icy winds, sideways sleet, and treacherous terrain.
Unlike other socks built for extreme weather, this one features Darn Tough's streamlined performance fit so it still fits comfortably in your boot. Merino wool regulates temperature to maintain comfort from the trailhead to the peak, nylon adds durability, and Lycra maintains stretch and recovery so the fit doesn't fade over time. This sock also features Darn Tough's thickest, highest-density cushioning to ease impacts from rugged terrain and ease the burden of fully-loaded packs.
- Heavyweight wool sock for the coldest, wettest conditions
- Merino wool naturally regulates temperature and resists odor
- Nylon and Lycra added for durability and stretch
- Extra cushion for rugged terrain and heavy packs
- Performance fit for no slipping, bunching, or blisters
- Proudly made in Vermont, USA
- Item #DRN007V
- 73% merino wool, 25% nylon, 2% Lycra
- Recommended Use
- mountaineering, backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
April 1, 2019
- I've used it several times
My wife has these socks for ice climbing and I have the men's version. These are great, they are reserved for the most bitter days of ice climbing. These socks have a tighter weave to them than other mountaineering socks we have, it makes them feel more durable and take up a little less space in the boot, but feel just as warm as others we have tried. Plus Darn Tough has a lifetime guarantee, handy on 30$ socks.
December 26, 2018
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Got these socks for my Mom who always has cold feet. And she loves them. She said there super warm and comfy. She also loves the fact that if she does put a hole in them she can just send them in.