Get your lugs dirty.
If you need a rugged hiking boot for pushing miles into terrain where most people wouldn't dare, consider picking up the Danner Women's Explorer 650 Hiking Boot. Built from an oiled full-grain leather upper complemented with durable nylon accents, the 650 is tough as nails and will revel in the abuse you feed it on your next adventure.
Besides sporting a durable exterior, the 650 integrates the company's Danner Dry technology, which is great for keeping your feet dry—but breathing—when you have to navigate the occasional creek crossing or deal with in all-out deluge. Plus, the boot is decked out with gritty Vibram Megagrip outsole that'll gobble up any terrain you put in its way, then ask for seconds, and thirds.
- A rugged boot for hiking and backpacking
- Full-grain leather and nylon upper super durable
- Danner Dry tech keeps your feet unsaturated
- Ortholite footbed provides cushioning and support
- Vibram midsole increases lifetime of boot
- Vibram Escape outsole for gripping wet or dry terrain
- Item #DAN002T
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I only hiked and backpacked in Nike's for 8 years because I couldn't find a good lightweight shoe to hike/run in. These shoes are so awesome, super lightweight, durable, and an all around great hiking shoe to have.