Why We Like The Mallet Speedlace Mountain Bike Shoe
- Street style meets durable performance with this clip-in trail shoe
- Synthetic upper conforms to the foot and promotes breathability
- Speed Lace closure system offers fast fit adjustments
- Ramped cleat box offers easier entry and exit
- Race Zone cleat setback adds greater control and stability
- Match compound rubber enhances grip over wet and muddy terrain
- Toe and heel lugs provide additional traction beyond the bike
- Item #CRNH015
- Upper Material
- mesh, synthetic
- lace, hook-and-loop strap
- MC1 high-friction rubber
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [one shoe, size 9] 15oz (425g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 1 year
5 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly LargeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 31, 2022
Sold me on going clipless
- I've put it through the wringer
I still may go with flats depending on the ride, but I've gone full-time (mostly) clipless because of these shoes. I could never get the right foot position and feel with other clipless shoes but the ability to slam the cleats back a little farther on these is all I needed. These put me the most confident descending position, and climbing too. I've paired these with long spindle Mallet-E pedals (with the pins run a little higher than how they ship) and the easy release, 6deg float cleats. I disagree on the size recommendation. I wear 11.5 shoes across the board (vans, nike) and the 11.5 in these is pretty spot on if not a touch on the small side. Not enough to size up. I swapped out the quick lace for traditional laces. I like to keep the forefoot area as loose and roomy as possible and that's harder to dial in with the quicklace or boa system since those are all about even tension/pressure. Flats are for sure more comfortable, but these are a close second when it comes to walking around.
March 18, 2021
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These shoes fit great, the heel hold is stellar and comfort is great. I have only been riding these on the trainer thus far, but the break in was pretty easy and painless. Cleat pocket mates up perfectly with all CB pedals. I am a true 8, and the size 8 was a hair big on me. I would say size down a .5 size if you are looking for a performance fit.
Originally reviewed on Competitivecyclist.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help