Titanium Outdry Ex Featherweight Shell
No one wants to need their rain shell when they're packing for a weekend backpacking trip, but when the skies open up and you've got to reach into your pack for reliable weather protection, the lightweight, dependable, and durably waterproof Columbia Titanium Outdry Ex Featherweight Shell is the shell you want to be reaching for. It's got a low weight when it's sitting in your pack, and uses the innovative Outdry Extreme system to keep you bone dry in wet weather.
OutDry extreme works differently than most jackets. A traditional waterproof jacket uses a waterproof and breathable membrane that bonds to a synthetic outer fabric, which in turn uses a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating to bead off rain water. This not only prevents a soggy and heavy feeling, but also frees up your jacket to breathe more effectively. The problem is that DWR often wears out and needs to be reactivated or reapplied frequently, and when it doesn't work you feel soaked and sweaty. By placing the membrane on the outside of the jacket and putting a wicking synthetic lining on the inside of the jacket, OutDry Extreme eliminates that soggy wet-out feeling and increases both the breathability and durability of the jacket. Tack on a protective hood, ventilating chest pockets, and an easy full-zip design, and this is certainly a jacket you won't want to hit the trail without.
- Innovative rain shell for wet-weather hikes and backpacks
- OutDry Extreme system offers durable and breathable waterproofing
- Fixed hood offers peripheral adjustment for a snug and secure fit
- Chest pockets are pack-strap compatible and double as vents
- Water-resistant front zipper allows for added ventilation
- Adjustable cuffs help you seal out wet and wild weather
- Item #COL020N