Great on the trail, the Columbia Men's Outdry Ex Gold Down Hooded Jacket is a problem solver when it comes to keeping you dry. Crafted with Columbia's OutDry technology, this fully taped and breathable jacket features a waterproof membrane on the outside to prevent moisture from soaking into the fabric's face. Down insulation is kept in place by bonded, horizontal baffles that eliminate cold spots for reliable warmth that won't weigh you down. An adjustable hood provides extra protection from wind and rain when the storms roll in.
- A lightweight jacket for hiking, camping, and backpacking
- OutDry membrane provides waterproof, breathable protection
- External seam taping prevents moisture from seeping through
- 700-fill down insulation traps heat and is lightweight
- Adjustable hood offers extra storm protection
- Zippered pockets keep essentials dry and secure
- Adjustable hem and cuffs seal out cold
- Active fit leaves room for layering
- Item #COL01BP
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 190lbs
I bought this jacket to be my all around coat for the winter. From bumming around town to doing backpacking it has held up awesome. I've had sleet, wind, snow and rain and it's held its own. I use it as my shell since it's waterproof and just wear a Nike pro hyper warm fitted long sleeve and a fleece and it's more than warm enough. I've been in a T shirt and the Temps around the 15 degree mark and I've been fine. Love the jacket, easy to use sinch cords at the waist, elastic cuffs wrap around winter gloves to block out the cold. All around great jacket. Yes the jacket says black but it's more of a charcoal, but I like that look anyway.
First of its kind!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 165lbs
Waterpoof down jackets are usually big old linky things but Columbia has done it. A light insulated and waterppof jacket. Great build quality, feels waterproof and I was able to test a couple of their other "outdry" products. Always happy to see alternatives to gore tex that work well. I had to return it because so medium felt a bit big on me and I'm waiting to try out the small. I wear a medium in the Patagonia Down Sweater.