Caledonia 5 Road Frameset
Why We Like The Cervelo Caledonia 5 Road Frameset
The Caledonia 5 Frameset is made for riders who favor the speed and aerodynamics of road-specific designs but are also intrigued by the sense of adventure supplied by gravel riding. Cervelo combines a relatively short wheelbase and 936 gram frame to satisfy the efficiency needs of a road cyclist. Clearance for 34mm tires provides a forgiving feel for exploring the road less traveled. With a geometry aimed at fine-tuning a balance between Cervelo's R bikes and the Aspero, Cervelo feels confident that the Caledonia is well-suited to adventure riding.
Cervelo also focuses on carbon layup with a mindset of increased rider comfort resulting in energy savings to ride faster for longer. Lower modulus carbon contributes to compliance in critical areas concerned with mitigating the jarring effects of hi-mod carbon fiber sections. The result is a frame that responds quickly to accelerations while remaining compliant enough to absorb significant turbulence from the roadways.
More speed is to be found at the front-end, complete with fully integrated cable routing and split spacers to ease maintenance. Additionally, hidden fender mounts are onboard, that when used with fenders minimally reduce tire clearance down to 31mm. All in all, the Caledonia 5 ushers in a new breed of bike that satisfies the growing demands of modern, all-terrain cycling.
- Carbon frameset that starts a new era of smooth and chunky riding
- Road swiftness and aerodynamics with a laid-back setup
- Low and hi-mod carbon in trusted tube designs for fast, efficient racing
- Clearance for 34mm tires goes beyond the limits of road-specific design
- Integrated stem cap and spacers with fully internal cable routing
- Fender mounts for mud and rain sessions
- Cervelo carbon bar, stem, and seat post for a sleek uniform appeal
- Item #CVL1WVE