Some field work involves patient observation and diligent note-taking, and some involves plows, early-mornings, and plenty of dirt. No matter what kind of field work you're doing, when you're in rugged environments you'll need durable performance and plenty of warmth, and you've got it with the sturdy yet comfortable Carhartt Field Coat. Made with a tough cotton duck exterior for any and all of your days on the job, this classically-inspired jacket has an insulated liner to keep you warm when temperatures drop, but easily removes when things warm up. The pockets are large enough to fit most smartphones and any gear you need, and the snap-closure storm flap keeps cold winds from sneaking in through the main zipper.
- A tough yet comfortable jacket for cold days in the field
- Cotton duck exterior offers rugged protection and a broken-in feel
- Insulated liner keeps you toasty on cold mornings
- Liner removes so you can wear the shell alone on warmer days
- Internal and external pockets hold gear, tools, and phones
- Storm flap on main zipper keeps the wind from getting in
- Pleated bi-swing back delivers greater movement for added comfort
- Item #CHT00DM
- Q & A
Nice jacket but huge!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 180lbs
This was a very well made jacket! Being the first Carhartt I have ever held in my hands, I had dreams that it would last a long time, and this jacket is built like a tank! But I thought I could wear it as a casual jacket, as I love the winter but unfortunately I live in Florida. It was never meant to be.
Excellent quality, but to thick for what I can use in the FL heat. And being a 5'7 180 lbs gym rat, the length of the medium jacket rivaled what I imagined a parka would be like.
I would definitely buy again if I lived a little further north.