Select style & size:Select options
Time for an upgrade.
Stop settling for freeze-dried astronaut meals and fire up some real food at the campsite with the Camp Chef Mountaineer Aluminum Stove. It offers the heating power and space you need for cooking everything from eggs and bacon to fried fish and steaks. And with its lightweight and compact folding design, there's no reason not to bring it along on every car camping trip.
- Light and durable stove for car camping trips
- Suitcase-style lid and latch for convenient transport
- Windscreen ensures efficient cooking
- Adjustable heat knobs allow you to control temp output
- Matchless ignition makes it a breeze to start
- Bulk tank regulator and hose included
- Accessory legs available (not included)
- Camp Chef creates outdoor cooking solutions
- Item #CCF001Q
- Q & A
Durable and Robust
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This stove is very nice. It is built well and is big enough that you can put big pots or pans on it. Love the fact that it is aluminum, has large wind deflectors on the sides and folds up nicely for transport. Not too heavy but durable enough to be a great stove for car camping or river trips.
HUGE yet Durable
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Not your average camp-stove. This baby runs hotter and longer then my stove-top at home! Eats propane like a monster, got the big tank to lug around with me for car-camping shenanigans and it's heavy and takes up lots-o-space in the car.
I love this stove!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is by far the best car camping stove I have owned. The primary reason for purchase was that it uses the refillable propane tanks that your backyard grill does. I purchased a separate smaller one for this purpose. It has plenty of cooking room for full sized pots and pans, simmers amazingly low and boils water rapidly. It is well made, light and the piezo ignition is easy to use!