Select style & size:Select options
Pushing you to shred success.
We've all been there at one point in our shred life, learning to link heel-to-toeside carves, only to catch an edge and painfully tumble to the demise of our backsides and ego. But don't worry, Burton has your back (quite literally!) if you're just honing those carving skills with the beginner-friendly Instigator Snowboard. This easy-riding board features a softer flex for near-effortless turn initiation, coupled with a Cruise Control Tune that reduces the chance of catching an edge while linking up turns. This specific edge tune lessens the catch at the tip and tail contacts, meaning you'll be able to confidently link carves without it bucking you off-balance with the slightest misalignment of edge pressure.
The Instigator is built off Burton's Flat Top profile, which is entirely flat along its effective edge (i.e. edge that contacts the snow) for a predictable and stable platform while learning to carve and picking up speed. The tip and tail feature a bit of rocker to eliminate the contact points from snagging on the snow while you're linking up turns. Rocker also makes the Instigator inherently more playful while freestyle riding, should you bring your rapidly progressing skills to the park. Moreover, the Instigator has a directional shape, meaning the nose is a bit longer than the tail for better stability and easier float in fresh powder.
- Easy-riding board pushes you to progress quickly
- Flat underfoot for a predictable ride and stability
- Rocker at tips to eliminate hooking up while carving
- Directional shape for greater stability and easier float
- Softer flex pattern inspires confidence for learning to ride
- Cruise Control Tune alleviates the catch while linking turns
- Super Fly 800G core for a smooth riding feel and durability
- Extruded base is extremely low maintenance and easily repaired
- Item #BUR020F