G1 Expe Mountaineering Boot
To say that the summit of an 8,000-meter peak is cold would be an understatement. These sorts of high altitude expeditions are the reason why so many mountaineers have their toes treated for hypothermia, so make sure you wrap your foot in warmth that's as extreme as your expedition. Boreal comprised the G1 Expe Mountaineering Boot's super gaiter in waterproof, breathable Cordura fabric and plenty of EVA foam to keep hypothermia at bay, while the removable inner bootie boasts three layers of Thinsulate insulation that's wrapped in Boreal's waterproof, breathable Dry-Line so you can ditch the gaiter at basecamp. Boreal's carbon composite midsole keeps the boot stiff and surprisingly light, and two layers of EVA and PU add cushy comfort and shock absorption. Vibram's Betulla sole is an EVA rubber compound that keeps its grip in subzero temperatures.
- Super gaiter mountaineering boot for high altitude expeditions
- Waterproof, breathable Cordura and Dry-Line membranes
- Triple Thinsulate and EVA layers for insulated warmth
- Carbon composite midsole with shock-absorbing layers
- Vibram Betulla sole stays tacky in subzero temperatures
- Automatic crampon compatibility for quick-and-easy attachment
- Item #BRF000Q
- Upper Material
- [outer] Terramida synthetic, Lorica synthetic, neoprene, TPU
- [outer] Cordura [inner] Dry-Line
- [outer] EVA foam (6mm) [inner] EVA foam, Thinsulate
- [inner] aluminum-laminated polyurethane
- Removable Liner
- [outer] waterproof TiZip [inner] hook-and-loop strap, glove-friendly Tanka drawcord strap
- [outer] neoprene [inner] Thinsulate
- [outer] Boreal PBG-680 carbon composite, EVA, PU
- [outer] Vibram Betulla (rubber, EVA blend) [inner] TPU
- Crampon Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- 5lb 11oz
- Recommended Use
- alpine & expecition, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help