Deriving its name from a breed of cattle that is both hardy and adaptable, the Caracu Jacket by BlackYak provides similar defenses from the trail to the crag. Built with lightweight but dependable Gore-Tex Packlite, it's easy to stow in your pack until the clouds roll in, and when you do pull it out and put it on you'll stay dry from the trailhead back to the car. In addition to the bombproof protection of Gore-Tex—it being both incredibly waterproof and highly breathable—the Caracu also features fully-sealed seams, keeping every last drop of moisture from creeping into your layers.
Sure, you like staying dry, but what about performance, you might ask. You want to continue to hike, run, belay, or just live your life without feeling constricted or hindered. The Caracu is designed with ergonomic shaping and a performance fit, keeping bulk to a minimum and mobility to a maximum. It's also equipped with zippered underarm vents that you can use to dump heat when you're working hard, and the two front pockets are placed higher than usual hand pockets, so you can make good use of their snack storage even when you're wearing a harness.
- A lightweight jacket you can bring along in case of stormy weather
- Gore-Tex membrane delivers waterproof, breathable performance
- Ergonomic shape offers plenty of mobility during active pursuits
- Packable design can be stuffed into your bag just-in-case
- Helmet-compatible hood built with water-shedding laminated brim
- Adjustable hem, cuffs, and hood work together to seal out weather
- Blackyak's socially conscious roots can be traced back to 1973 South Korea
- Item #BKY005I