Getting first chair on a powder day requires some dedication. Just getting to the resort can be challenge in and of itself, and waiting in the lift line while ski patrol does avy control can get seriously cold. The Black Diamond Spark Mitten keeps your paws insulated against the cold with PrimaLoft Gold insulation and a fixed fleece lining for comfort. Internal finger slots offer additional dexterity, while the BDry insert delivers waterproof protection once you finally get submerged in all that deep powder.
- Get deep in these powder-ready ski mittens
- Waterproof and breathable BDry insert keeps snow out
- PrimaLoft Gold insulation is water-resistant and breathable
- Durable goat leather construction withstand wear and tear
- Internal finger slots provide some extra dexterity
- Padding on back of hand protects from tree branches
- Item #BLD00OQ
- Q & A
Warmth Without Bulk
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I was looking for a mitten to keep my hands warm and cozy on resort pow days, but didn't want something massive and bulbous that looked goofy and made my hands useless. These seem to fit the bill, haven't tested them riding yet, but they feel plenty thick to keep me warm all season here in Utah. You might need something heavier if you ride somewhere that gets super cold. what I liked is that they aren't crazy bulky and they have the individual finger slots, which really helps dexterity without giving up the mitten warmth.