Protection without the weight.
For long days in the alpine, wear the Black Diamond Men's Sharp End Pant for durable protection without the weight. Constructed with a Gore-Tex Pro 3-layer shell, these pants offer protection from high-altitude environments. Articulated knees and a gusseted construction allows you to move freely. A high-mounted snow gaiter keeps you dry and comfortable, while Keprotec reinforced instep patches protect the hems from equipment wear and tear. A full-length side zip provides easy on and off, for quick changes, and an integrated ski belt offers a personalized fit.
- A durable pant for long days in the alpine
- Gore-Tex Pro shell provides bomber waterproof, breathable protection
- Articulated knees and gusseted seat for movement
- High-mounted snow gaiter for a dry, comfortable fit
- Reinforced instep patches for added durability
- Built-in reflector may help RECCO-equipped ski patrol in the event of an emergency
- Item #BLD00JL
- Q & A
Great Pant, Weird Sizing
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 175lbs
This pant is the bombproof shell that you want when climbing or skiing in bad weather,, particularly when considering how well it breathes relative to the waterproofness the goretex pro offers. Despite being a great pant in so many ways, the sizing is a bit off, and as a 6'1-6'2 skier who normally wears a L or XL, the only size that's not way too big is the M. If you're in the 5'10 - 6'2 range, I would suggest either trying on the pant to check out sizing, or just go with a M instead of your normal size (I'm a L in Arc'teryx, Patagonia and TNF).
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 195lbs
I really wanted to love these pants but the fit is weird. The legs are super baggy which for a pant intended for alpine you don't really want. I felt like I would be snagging a crampon with every step. Nice minimalist pant but the fit doesn't work for me.