Select Style & Size
HotForge Hybrid Quickdraw Quickpack
Black Diamond's collection of quickdraws consists of draws with solid-gated or wire-gated carabiners, but the HotForge Hybrid Quickdraw is the only draw designed with solid and wire gates, and this Quickpack includes a set of six. The rope-clipping side is styled bright and colorful to act as a visual indicator that comes in handy when you're cruxing out and desperately searching for a solid clipping stance. The stiff, burly dogbone is easy to grab so you can take and suss out moves, and a StraitJacket stabilizes the rope-clipping carabiner for even easier clipping.
- Black Diamond's only quickdraw combining wire and straight gates
- HotForge carabiner comes with a keylock nose to stop snagging
- HotWire carabiner has a larger rope-bearing surface for durability
- Burly dogbone is easy to grab and easier to clip with its StraitJacket
- Item #BLDZ96O
- Carabiner Material
- hot forged alloy
- Gate Type
- straight, wire
- Sling Material
- Sling Width
- Sling Length
- [HotForge] (major axis) 24kN (minor axis, open gate) 8kN [HotWire] (major axis) 24kN (minor axis, open gate) 8kN
- Gate Opening
- [HotForge] 22mm [HotWire] 27mm
- StraitJacket, keylock
- Claimed Weight
- [single] 3.49oz [pack] 1lb 4oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
July 9, 2020
Reliable and Stylish quickdraw!
- I've used it several times
- 5` 9"
- 175 lbs
Quick, easy, and reliable quickdraw. Not particularly heavy (although if you're looking to shed grams I would go for something lighter like their litewire series) and absolutely perfect for sport routes. I generally like solid-gate draws like the Petzl Spirit Express but I've taken to the wire gate on the rope side surprisingly well. Plus I like the fact that it gets rid of the chance of gate flutter. Feels good in the hand (even though I slightly prefer bent-gate draws) and as reliable as any other black diamond product. I take these with me out to red rock and have gotten quite a few remarks on how cool the bright colors are as well.