Why We Like The Black Diamond Helio Active Shell Jacket
The ultralight Helio Active Shell Jacket from Black Diamond is built to handle big vert and fast descents on epic days in the backcountry. Its three-layer GORE-TEX Active technology provides waterproof and windproof protection while still offering amazing breathability for our strenuous ascents. A GORE-TEX C-Knit backer keeps the jacket crunch down while offering a soft touch feel. When we're really pushing it in the backcountry, full-length underarm zippered vents dump excess heat to help keep our temperature under control for a successful day out.
- Ultralight shell for big vert and fast descents in the backcountry
- GORE-TEX Active has ultimate breathability for high-intensity tours
- Comfortable GORE C-Knit backer quiets shell, is softer to the touch
- Waterproof and windproof construction offers comfort on the slopes
- Harness-compatible hand pockets ready jacket for mountaineering
- Climbing helmet compatible hood blocks gusts in the high alpine
- Full-length underarm zip vents dump excess heat on burly ascents
- Single-adjust hem seals out the elements in storms
- Item #BLD00TJ
- [membrane/laminate] GORE-TEX Active (3-layer), [face fabric] 100% nylon, [lining] GORE-TEX C-Knit
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 30in
- 2 hand, 1 internal
- Claimed Weight
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
April 4, 2023
Love this lightweight shell
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 6' 1"
I've used this super light shell about 5 days backcountry skiing in very deep powdery Utah conditions in the spring of 2023. Even when getting snowed on heavily with sometimes warm snow this shell has never gotten wet. I'm very impressed and really like this shell. I wear this jacket here in Utah over a heavyweight base layer with bibs; since I just bc ski I need a lightweight shell that breathes but is powder-proof. The hood has a cool optional flip-out brim that really keeps the raging snow from getting in even when I unzip the shell quite a ways for uphill travel. The shell's outside is slippery fabric so snow doesn't stick while boating the deepness. Size wise, I'm 6'1" 175 kinda gangly. I like a shell to be a bit big on me so I bought the XL size, and am pleased with the fit. I like the sleeves to cover my wrists well so falling snow stay out. Nice simple hood and waist gather adjustment system too. Another great BD product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help