Helio Active Shell Jacket
The ultralight Helio Active Shell Jacket from Black Diamond is built to handle big vert and fast descents on epic days in the backcountry. Its three-layer Gore-Tex Active technology provides waterproof and windproof protection while still offering amazing breathability for your strenuous ascents. A Gore-Tex C-Knit backer keeps the jacket crunch down while offering a soft touch feel. When you're really pushing it in the backcountry, full-length underarm zippered vents dump excess heat to help keep your temperature under control for a successful day out. With its pack-compatible hand pockets and climbing helmet-compatible hood, the jacket is ready for alpine and ski mountaineering adventures.
- Ultralight shell for big vert and fast descents in the backcountry
- Gore-Tex Active has ultimate breathability for high-intensity tours
- Comfortable gore C-Knit backer quiets shell, is softer to the touch
- Waterproof and windproof construction offers comfort on the slopes
- Harness compatible hand pockets ready jacket for mountaineering
- Climbing helmet compatible hood blocks gusts in the high alpine
- Full-length underarm zip vents dump excess heat on burly ascents
- Single-adjust hem seals out the elements in storms
- Item #BLD00TJ
- Q & A
True to size, but not what you think
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 6'3"
- Weight: 175lbs
Why I'm stoked right now. Being 6'3, with a slim build, it's difficult to find garments that have sufficient arm length that also fit my chest/torso/waist. Usually I have to get an L or an XL to get sleeves that are long enough for my lanky arms. But in an XL I look like a skinny guy wearing a fat man's jacket. I checked the BD sizing cart. I measured my arm length and chest circumference. I already knew my waist size. And then I did a double take. According to the sizing chart, BD says I should order a medium? What, what, what? It was a tense five days waiting for my jacket to arrive. I haven't worn a Medium ski shell since I was in middle school. But it arrived. And I tried it on. And it fits amazing! Finally, a shell that fits my slim figure but with enough arm length. My waist is 33". My arm length (from spine to wrist) is 34". I forget my chest measurement. Some people might say that this jacket runs large. It's interesting what BD did. The medium and the large have the same arm length. So, if you're 6'3" and slim, like me, the medium is "true to size". But if you're a portly 6'3", than the large would be truer for you. If you regularly wear a medium, this medium is gonna feel like it has really long sleeves.