Why We Like The First Light Stretch Hoody
We see the sun creeping over the ridgeline as a sign to hustle to the summit before sunrise. We like that the First Light Stretch Hoody keeps us warm when we're skinning in the dark, and its remarkable breathability keeps us comfy when we're moving fast. The stretchy material moves with us for full mobility, and it's durably water-resistant to shed snowfall off the fabric.
- Active-oriented insulator built to breathe on backcountry tours
- Primaloft Silver Active insulation breathes for performance warmth
- Schoeller softshell fabric is stretchy and water-resistant
- Underarm gussets ensure freedom of movement
- Adjustments at hem and climbing helmet-compatible hood
- Item #BLD010D
- [face fabric] Schoeller stretch-woven (93% nylon, 7% elastane), DWR coating, [lining] 100% polyester
- 60g PrimaLoft Silver Active
- regular, underarm gussets
- Center Back Length
- [external] 2 zippered hand, [internal] 1 stretch mesh
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, casual, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
March 9, 2021
REALLY like this jacket
- I returned this product before using it
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 130 lbs
I don't know why, but I wasn't necessarily giving Black Diamond a fair shake when it comes to clothing. This jacket + the Access Down Hoody changed my mind. There is so much attention to detail, but most of all, I love the inside of the pockets. They have a soft, cozy liner for the front of your hand. It also hit a little longer, which I really liked. I ended up deciding between the two of these jackets, and chose the hoody, because I thought a hood would be more useful to me as an all-arounder, but as a layering piece under a shell, this one is just right. Big ups to Black Diamond - I'll definitely look here again once the latest has had its day in the sun.