Select style & size:Select options
Blackburn UL 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
Minimizing weight and space on gear-intensive trips is important, but so is not getting frostbite in the middle of the night. Take care of both problems with the Big Agnes Blackburn UL 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag. Whether you're backpacking through high-altitude ranges in summer or going on a ski touring hut trip, the Blackburn UL is the ideal way to stay warm without tacking on too much extra bulk.
Down insulation keeps you comfortable through below-freezing temperatures while making the bag lightweight and highly compressible. This down is treated with DownTek to protect it from loft-compromising moisture. Just to be safe, the soft and smooth ripstop fabric is treated with a DWR coating as well to repel any wayward drips and drops. A full-length pad sleeve keeps your sleeping pad from shifting throughout the night, and an integrated pillow pocket keeps your camp pillow in place. You can even stuff it with spare layers when you really want to go minimalist. The Free Range hood and No-Draft collar, wedge, and zipper prevent cold air from slipping in through the cracks. Plus, the vaulted, tapered footbox gives your toes room to wiggle without creating large cold air pockets.
- An ultralight sleeping bag for your cold weather backpacking trips
- Lofty down insulation provides a superior warmth-to-weight ratio
- Water-repellent down retains its heat-trapping loft in wet weather
- Face fabric also repels light moisture to ensure dry comfort
- Streamlined rectangular silhouette increases thermal efficiency
- Free Range Hood offers freedom to easily lift and turn your head
- Pillow barn keeps your pillow or extra layers tucked in
- Big Agnes uses its Rock Mountain home as design inspiration
- Item #BAG00ES
- Q & A
UL Down System Bag With Flex Pad Sleeve
The Blackburn UL 0 is one of our most technically designed Big Agnes System bags, using our Flex Pad Sleeve design, a very durable nylon ripstop shell fabric, and super cozy 850 fill power DownTek™ water repellent insulation. This bag combines ultralight versatility with a long line of packable creature comforts. Whether you’re a 3/4 length-pad carrying, fast-fly tent gram counter, or just gearing up for a cold weather hut trip where weight and packed size is important, this is the go-to bag for you.
Is the pad necessary? Would the temp rating hold true without it in a hammock?