Budget minded brain protection.
Mountain biking takes a lot out of us as riders, physically, mentally, and then there's the issue of our pocket books. While we don't want to compromise on the safety of our noggins, we want to watch the budget where we can. Fortunately Bell understands that we don't want to take short cuts or make compromises when it comes to wallet-friendly cranium protection, which is why its designers created the 4Forty MIPS Helmet. Priced just below three-digits, the 4Forty provides the support you want for vigorous trail riding, with a full hardshell exterior to take the brunt of big blows, while MIPS technology reduces rotational forces to protect your brain.
The Bell 4Forty has 15 generous vents to keep you cool on long climbs, and is styled similarly to the Bell Sixer Mips helmet, but skips some of the bells and whistles to better fit into a conservative budget. It does still come equipped with built-in sweat guide, to keep drips out of your eyes, extended rear coverage for protecting the sensitive spots on the back of your head from tree branches and hits, and an adjustable fit with a rubberized, overmolded dial for locking into the perfect fit.
- Budget friendly noggin protection with MIPS technology
- Hardshell molding protects from big hits
- Extended rear coverage shields sensitive area
- Adjustable visor keeps your eyes nicely shaded
- Sweat guide keeps salty drops out of your eyes
- Rubberized dial designed for glove-friendly adjustable
- Ages 5 and older
- Item #BEL00F9
- CE EN1078, Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older
- Fit Adjustment
- float fit dial
- 15 vents
- Claimed Weight
- 11.9oz (338g)
- Shell Material