A sound night's sleep.
Sleeping in a 0-degree sleeping bag when it's a balmy forty degrees outside can leave you a hot and sweaty mess. The Basin and Range La Sal 30 Degree Down Sleeping Bag is ideal for those warm summer backpacking trips in the mountains and shoulder season escapes to the desert. The La Sal's 650-fill down is treated with a water-resistant finish to protect the feathers from clumping when confronted with moisture. And if that wasn't enough, the ripstop exterior is treated with an additional DWR for added resiliency from from wet and soggy conditions. Like other bags in the La Sal line, this 30-degree option features a multi-baffle hood, mummy shape, and draft tube to ensure a thermal-efficient design when the temperatures drop in the early hours of the morning.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- 30-degree bag ideal for warmer weather camping and backpacking
- 650-fill down is treated to resist moisture in wet climates
- Ripstop fabric finished with PFC-free DWR for extra water resistance
- Mummy shape and draft tube increase thermal efficiency
- Multi-baffle hood keeps down in place around head and ears
- Full-length zippers provide ventilation options
- Stuff sack and storage back for easy packing and storing
- Item #BNG0029
- Q & A
Great Bag for the Price
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have only used this bag for a couple of nights but I really like it. There are not many quality 30 degree down bags under $200. This is one of them. They quality of the bag is really good. I like that the shoulder circumference is 62 inches which provides a little more room that some other bags on the market. It stuffs small for the 650 fill bag. The full length zipper helps a lot in regulating your temperature. I haven't used it down to its limit but I think it will be comfortable down to the mid 30's without an issue.
Great summer bag!
I used this bag on a camping trip in July at about 8000 feet and it was the perfect weight for a trip like this. Kept me warm at night, was nice and lightweight, but not too hot. A great value too, BC partnered with a supplier who knows how to make great tents for this project.