The TR1 Merge Water Shoe by Astral is ideal for backpacking to pristine, and stocked, alpine lakes and casting lines off the shore. This technical hiking shoe is designed to get wet with it's quick-drying and breathable canvas upper, and mesh tongue, so that you can make your way through spring run-off streams and splash on the lake's shoreline. And to keep you comfortable while hiking, the EVA midsole provides all-day cushioned support while a Top Shank lies just beneath the foot bed to enhance stabilization over varied terrain. Preventing you from smelling like the catch-of-the-day, Astral included a Polygiene treated and removable insole so that you can dry out and refresh after a few splashes. Extra-soft G.15 rubber sole provides extra grip with enhanced contouring and deep lugs, while defined flex grooves move with your feet.
- A water-friendly hiking shoe for next-to-water adventurers
- Quick-drying canvas and breathable mesh is comfortable when wet
- TPU overlays at toe and heel enhances durability and protection
- EVA midsole with shank ensures support and stability while hiking
- Treated insole works to keep your shoes smelling fresh
- Technical sole is highly abrasion-resistant and has excellent grip
- Item #ASL001Y
[body] quick-dry canvas, [tongue] padded mesh, [toe, heel cap] TPU overlays
EVA, Top Shank
[size 9] 12.2oz
backpacking, hiking, ocean paddling
- Q & A
Astral TR1 Merge Water Shoe
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Fantastic shoe. drains well, light, great support, excellent fit, dries well and has good grip on wet rocks. Only used it on two paddling trips so far and looking forward to many more.