Manaslu 8000 Mountaineering Boot
- Mountaineering boot built for 8000-meter expeditions
- Stretchy Cordura gaiter backed with Gore-Tex waterproofing
- Primaloft insulation ensures warmth in extremely cold conditions
- Carbon fiber lasting board boasts a stiff flex at a low weight
- Vibram rubber sole with Step-In crampon compatibility
- Recco may assist Recco-equipped patrols find you in emergencies
- Item #ASOZ02G
- Upper Material
- [outer gaiter] Cordura, neoprene, Schoeller, PU [shell] polyesthilene, polyester [inner boot] Cordura, aluminum, polyethilene
- Gore-Tex Extended Comfort
- Primaloft (400g)
- YKK zip system
- Manslu Primaloft
- carbon fiber
- Vibram Betulla expanded rubber
- super gaiter
- Crampon Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 12oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
1 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
February 27, 2023
Integrated gaiter failed after 2 miles.
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
I wanted to love these boots. They fit well, the features are great, they're fairly light for a triple boot, etc. I bought them for an Aconcagua climb, and the zipper on the integrated gaiter blew within 2 miles of wearing them on both boots. I was able to reset the zipper on the left boot (it blew again) and was unable to reset the zipper on the right boot. I am not sure if I have a faulty pair, or if it is a design flaw that puts too much stress behind the zippers, but ultimately both failed within 2 miles of wearing them and I was unable to get them back to a normal functioning state. Which is super disappointing for a pair of $1,500 boots. Another thing I'd like to note is the foam soles. The sole of this boot is made of foam, not rubber. The only part of the sole that is rubber is at the toe. Despite only having 3 miles on them the sole is noticeably worn from moving through scree. This might be fine if you plan to have crampons on the entire time you wear them, but if you plan to use them without crampons be aware they will not last very long. I'd look at something else. The La Sportiva Mons Cubes have a wrap around zipper design which might help to relieve the stress on the zipper.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help