- Hiking boot built for warmer weather
- Sturdy suede upper with massive mesh paneling for airflow
- Smooth velveteen lining for easy on and off
- Lite 2 plus footbed with dual-density midsole for cushy comfort
- Vibram rubber sole made of Megagrip compound for traction
- Item #ASO002Q
- Q & A
Great pair of boots
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 12
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 180lbs
It took a while before I got to use the boots on a serious hike, but I finally got to break them in properly during a trip to Great Basin National Park . Did three days of strenuous hiking and peak bagging, including two days of 8-9 hours on my feet. They did great on the trail and my feet felt surprisingly fresh at the end of the day. They also held up well off trail, including the traverse between Wheeler Peak and the infrequently climbed Jeff Davis Peak over a mile of irregular talus.
Overall, I give these two big thumbs up. The only caveat is that it would have been nice to have had a little sturdier boot for the rougher terrain (e.g. the broken talus). On the other hand it was nice going lighter for the many miles of trail and my feet stayed a lot cooler than if I had used my usual all leather boots