Elbrus GV Mountaineering Boot
The Asolo Men's Elbrus GV Mountaineering Boot is comfortable in high places—between its sticky Vibam sole and stiff lasting board, the Elbrus delivers hoof-like traction when you're scrambling across an airy ridge in the alpine or setting a steep bootpack up a snowy couloir during a summer mountaineering mission. Asolo made sure the Elbrus was ready for all of your alpine adventures by making it compatible with semi-automatic crampons and equipping it with a waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex insert that gets an extra boost of breathability thanks to Schoeller softshell panels in key areas.
- Stiff mountaineering boot for hard-to-reach summits
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex protects from snow or mud
- Durable suede construction withstands wear from rock and ice
- Schoeller softshell panels increase breathability
- Stiff nylon and fiberglass lasting board increase support
- PU heel welt accommodates semi-automatic crampons
- Item #ASO003Z
- Upper Material
- suede leather, Schoeller softshell
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort
- Lite 4
- dual-density microporous, [lasting board] Asoflex Spiky nylon and fiberglass
- Vibram Ascent
- Crampon Compatibility
- hybrid, strap-on
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 8.5] 1lb 12oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
January 11, 2020
Are these insulated? If so, how many grams?
January 16, 2020
Hi William, while ASOLO's website doesn't report how many grams of insulation the Elbrus's have, they are reported to not have any trouble retaining heat in adverse conditions. Total weight (using size 9.5 men's for reference): 800g each. If you have any other questions or need assistance with an existing order or placing an order, please feel free to contact us on Chat or call us at 1-800-409-4502. Thanks!