Select Style & Size
BC 1550 Backcountry Boot
Setting your own trail through untracked snow can take you through some wild, pristine winter landscapes, but you'll need the right boot to get your there. The Alpina BC 1550 Backcountry Boot protects from the deep snow and cold temps you'll encounter deep in the backcountry thanks to a rugged, reinforced upper and insulated design that retains heat in cold, damp snow. The medium flex offers a smooth forward flex as you glide across open meadows, and the plastic heel counter and CMB cuff delivers just enough stability to keep you in control of your metal-edged touring skis when you need to make a few quick turns down rolling hills. Alpina made the BC 1550 compatible with NNN BC bindings for a more secure, solid connection to the ski in variable snow conditions and the ever-changing backcountry terrain.
- Supportive Nordic boot built for exploring the backcountry
- Plastic heel counter, cuff, and medium flex increase control
- Reinforced toe cap and tongue withstand wear from brush and ice
- Thinsulate insulation provides warmth without adding bulk
- Compatible NNN BC bindings for increased support in deep snow
- Anatomic footbed and wider BC last maintain all-day comfort
- Item #ALP004D
- Upper Material
- leather, synthetic [cuff] TPU combi [heel counter] TPU
- Last Width
- Binding Compatibility
- NNN BC
- lace, hook-and-loop ankle strap
- Sole Material
- NNN BC III (rubber)
- Recommended Use
- nordic touring
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
May 18, 2020
Same old high quality boot
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 165 lbs
I had to replace my 8 year old boots because, as I learned recently, when you are in your 50's, your feet spread at some point, so I needed a size larger boot. These are the same as my older pair in regards to quality, fit and appearance. I only made it out once in them this spring but they feel great and functioned perfectly.
November 24, 2019
Does this product have a removable footbed?