Select style & size:Select options
The thigh straps that came with your river boat might be acceptable, but there's a slim chance that they're as comfortable as the AIRE Deluxe Thigh Straps. Replace your stock straps with these padded alternatives and increase your comfort and boat control. Cam-style buckles make length adjustments quick and easy so you won't have to hold up your buddies while you endlessly fumble around the cockpit of your boat.
- Strap pads have been redesigned to offer improved cushioning against your thighs
- Contoured shape provides more strap surface area to grip your thigh and keep the strap in place
- Cam buckles make length adjustment a quick and secure affair, just pull the webbing strap through the cam buckle to shorten the strap or press the cam buckle to let some webbing out and lengthen the strap
- Item #ARE0053
- Q & A
Necessary Ducky upgrade
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
If you want to run more technical whitewater then you definitely need these straps. It gives you much more control of the boat while sitting down and allows you to enter powerful eddy lines with confidence. They are also super easy to adjust and the padding is comfortable on your thighs.
A whitewater must
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These thigh straps are pretty great. Recently used them on Cataract Canyon in my NRS Pike and they worked like a dream! Having the thigh straps gives you much greater control of the boat itself when you are in the rapids, running wave trains, and trying to avoid rocks. If you are going to be doing whitewater in a ducky, especially one without much rocker in the bow and stern (like the NRS Pike) I highly recommend these.