Select style & size:Select options
D Series 143 Raft
Aire's D Series 143 Raft is a solid choice whether you have it rigged with a frame and gear to run the middle fork of the Salmon, or as a paddle boat ready to run Hell's Canyon. The diminished tube design puts paddlers close to the action when running rapids and helps keep the boat a bit more maneuverable than rafts in Aire's R Series. Throw in 10 inches of bow and stern rise, and you have yourself a fun fourteen footer that will handle just about any river you decide to point her down.
As is the case with all Aire boats, the D 143 is made in Idaho using Aire's tried-and-true construction process, which puts an emphasis on durability and long-lasting performance. The boat is composed of five air chambers made of a welded urethane material, and protected by a 1670D PVC outer shell that can scrape off rocks and survive the rigors of transport. The floor of the boat boasts Aire's Regular Floor Pocket (RFP) construction to help keep things rigid, buoyant, and properly ballasted. The improved ballast not only aids in tracking, but also helps the D 143 stick to the water to keep it from flipping in those deeper holes.
- Sporty rowing option for extended trips on wild rivers
- Stable frame ideal for medium volume rivers and technical rapids
- Self-bailing, lace-in floor made with PVC bottom for durability
- Three strap-in thwarts anywhere along the floor
- Includes collar, floor pocket, lacing rope, and full repair kit
- 143D sized for five to seven people
- Made in USA
- Item #ARE000O
- Hull Material
- [air chamber] AIREcell (urethane), [outer cover] 1670D PVC
- 14 ft 3 in
- 6 ft 8 in
- Tube Diameter
- 20 in
- Diminishing Tubes
- Air Chambers
- [bow and stern] 10 in
- Claimed Weight
- 146 lb
- Recommended Use
- paddling, whitewater
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 10 years
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
June 15, 2018
Does it come with thwarts?