Select style & size:Select options
Riot 18 Rubber Ski Poles
Designed for backcountry travel, the Scott Riot 18 Rubber Ski Poles feature a long rubber grip zone so you can optimize your hand position while skinning, bootpacking, or traversing across uneven terrain. The thick, durable aluminum alloy shaft provides long-lasting durability and stability with every pole plant, and the carbon diamond tip provides a reliable grip in firm snow. Scotts S.R.S strap releases from the pole grip when it's tensioned, which enhances safety during a fall.
- Backcountry-oriented ski pole for the climbs and the descents
- Thick aluminum alloy shaft adds lasting durability
- Long rubber grip zone for different hand positions while hiking
- Straps release under tension for safer falls
- Carbon diamond tip punches into firm snow and ice
- Item #SCO00UO
- Q & A
touring and resort pole
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This pole is an awesome all around pole. Super light, and the Strap release system is awesome for avoiding thumb injuries.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I find myself boot packing a lot. Whether it be touring, or in bounds, there are always good boot-packs to be had. While boot-packing you are constatly changing your grip on your pole depending on the angle of the slope you're walking up. These poles give you that solid grip on your pole to keep you secure while traversing some sketchy spines, or rocky ledges.
The strap release is also really nice! sure in the moment is can be a pain to hike back to get your pole, but at least you didn't rip your shoulder out of its socket. Plus they are really easy to reinstall.