Why We Like The Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C R Mountain Bike
Designed for riders who prioritize maneuverability but don’t want to sacrifice rollover ability, the 5010 Carbon C R Mountain Bike is an impressively balanced mid-travel trail bike. The mixed wheel design brings the best of both worlds with a 29in front wheel to cruise right over jagged rock rolls while a 27.5in rear wheel delivers precise cornering and jumping control. We get along great with the 130mm of VPP rear travel which features updates to the anti-squat and leverage curve to supply a slightly more planted feel for technical terrain. The head tube angle comes in at 64.9-degrees (low position) to match modern trends for enhanced stability, without going over the top to retain precise steering characteristics for tight switchbacks. Our favorite feature? The Glovebox in-frame storage system stashes our tools, spare tube, and windbreaker right in the downtube so that we don’t have to carry a hip pack.
This entry level build delivers when it comes to components, starting with the Carbon C layup from Santa Cruz which adds lots of value with only a slight weight penalty compared to the Carbon CC layup. SRAM’s NX Eagle 12-speed groupset handles shifting duties with crisp shifting and a reliable design. We get along great with the AR Offset 30 wheels from Race Face for their compliant ride feel and bomber durability. This entry-level build is a great option as a rider's first bike with a carbon frame, and shines brightest in rolling or flowy terrain.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel trail bike suited for post-work loops and all-day adventures
- 130mm of VPP rear travel is efficient yet forgiving for techy trails
- RockShox Pike Base fork with 140mm of travel delivers precise control
- 29in front wheel motors through chunky tech without getting hung up
- 27.5in rear wheel is nimble and intuitive for ripping corners and jumping
- Flip-chips let us dial in our geo to our riding style or terrain type
- Carbon C frame construction is lightweight and responsive
- Race Face AR Offset 30 wheels are durable and vibration damping
- Item #SNZK1JR