Our Top Hiking Footwear & Apparel For The Trail
Why We Like The Trango 2 Tent
When rain starts to downpour on our basecamp, we retreat to the Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 Tent and sit out the storm in time-tested alpine style. The Trango's been around since 1995 and, like cheese and wine, has only gotten better as it's gotten older.
Weighing under nine pounds, it's considerably lighter than many basecamp-style tents, but doesn't sacrifice weatherproofing or durability to get there. It pitches using four DAC Featherlite aluminum poles, and boasts fully-taped seams on the fly and floor to keep the elements at bay. All the fabrics are tightly-woven, high-denier nylon, and feature water-resistant coatings to ensure you stay dry through the burliest mountain storms.
- Four-season tent made for year-round mountaineering expeditions
- Rain fly features fully taped seams for waterproof protection
- Canopy has a bathtub-style floor for better weather protection
- DAC Featherlight poles with direct connection clips for solid feel
- Mesh windows at roof and both doors for amplified airflow
- Vestibule can attache to either door for customized coverage
- Stakes, pocket, guyout line, and tensioners included
- Item #MHW01DJ