Minion SS Tire
The classic Minion is the standard-bearer for burly enduro/DH tires, but the new Maxxis Minion SS 27.5in Tire takes that legacy in a slightly different direction. Just look at it—the rugged side knobs are still prominent, so you know you can count on killer grip in loose corners, but the center knobs are bunched tightly together and ramped pretty aggressively, so the rolling speed is unparalleled in a tire that’s this grippy. Enduro riders get the best of both worlds: killer traction on the way down and minimal rolling resistance on the way back up.
It’s no surprise that the Minion SS comes fully prepared for tubeless deployment, with a foldable bead, rugged 60 TPI casing, and dual-compound rubber that let you run grippier pressures without sacrificing any durability or opening the door to burps and pinch flats. It’s meant to be ridden hard, too, so EXO sidewall protection won’t crack under the pressure of gnarly high-risk pushes to the finish line.
- Maxxis' Minion ups the aggression
- Tightly-bunched center knobs amp up rolling speed
- Rugged side knobs hold tight to loose corners
- Dual-compound rubber is ultra grippy in variable conditions
- EXO sidewall protection holds up in rowdy and jagged terrain
- Tubeless-ready setup for running low tire pressures
- Item #MXX004G
- 27.5 x 2.3 in
- clincher, tubeless
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 10.3oz (745g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- Manufacturer Part Number