Nordwand Knit High GTX Mountaineering Boot
Underfoot, the Nordwand Knit High GTX has all the features you'd expect out of a high-performance mountaineering boot. There's a double-insulated insole made out of carbon for stiff rigidity that keeps the boot lighter than two pounds. This board-lasted, stiff boot also boasts a PU wedge at the heel for a bit of impact absorption. The Michelin Alpine Lite rubber sole boasts automatic crampon compatibility.
- Mountaineering boot made with knit upper for elastic shape-adaption
- Gore-Tex gives rugged waterproofing and comfortable breathability
- Duratherm insualtion has a temperature rating of -22F
- Double insulated carbon footbed provides rigidity at a low weight
- Michelin Alpine Lite rubber sole with automatic crampon compatibility
- Item #MAM01CA
- Q & A
Gamechanger! Most comfortable boot EVER
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11.5
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 150lbs
These are the best boots I have ever owned. They are the most comfortable to wear and the easiest to move in. My feet stay warm and dry even in the worst conditions (think 33 degrees and pelting rain while camping and doing rescue training on Mt. Rainier). The knitted upper dries and thaws out super fast and stays soft and flexible. The boot rivals my running shoes for comfort! Despite the soft and supple upper, it provides plenty of stability with the strategically placed reinforcements. The sole is stiff enough to provide a great climbing platform and works well with all kinds of crampons. It also has a rockered shape that makes walking a joy, especially when compared to walking in other stiff and clunky mountaineering/climbing boots. The rubber on the boot is sticky and climbs well on rock. The lugs provide great traction in snow and dirt. This is truly a 5-star product!