In the depths of winter and the height of summer, dressing for a day in the saddle is easy. Tights and a jacket or a lightweight jersey and bibs. Late fall and early spring present a difficult dilemma, though: underdress and you'll freeze; overdress and you'll overheat, sweat, and then freeze anyway when the sweat turns cold and clammy. Louis Garneau's Nova 2 men's Cycling Vest address this dilemma by providing dedicated core protection that fends off the elements, breathes, and lets you layer on your arms as appropriate for the give day's conditions—even if those conditions change mid-ride.
The vest's main panels are LG's Diamond Air 2.0, a lightweight barrier against wind and water that shields your core. It's supplemented with underarm panels of breathable AirFit Mesh. The previous Nova only had patches of AirFit Mesh, but the latest model's panels now extend to the waist, and every additional square inch further increases the vest's breathability. That can be a godsend when a chilly March morning gives way to a sunny afternoon when you're mid-way up the day's final climb, too invested in a difficult climb to pull the vest off.
- A cycling vest for the in-between days of fall and spring
- Weather-resistant panels protect your core
- Breathable side panels reduce the risk of overheating
- Spacious rear pocket zips closed to protect ride essentials
- Armholes finished with reflective strips for low-light visibility
- Sleeveless construction lets you adjust arm coverage as needed
- Item #LGN00HN