Why We Like The Helly Hansen Lifa Merino Lightweight 1/2-Zip Top
The Helly Hansen Lifa Merino Lightweight 1/2-Zip Top is an exceptionally lightweight, 2-in-1 base layer with a warm-breathable merino wool exterior and a LIFA-wicking interior. This combination keeps us warm, dry from sweat, and free from odors.
- Athletic-ready top designed for layering or standalone use
- Wool blend controls temperature and wicks moisture with ease
- Odor resistance is a natural attribute of merino wool
- 1/2-zip design makes for comfortable layering and climate control
- Lightweight thickness thrives in all 4-seasons of the year
- Item #HYHZ7GT
- 70% merino wool, 30% polyproylene
- Insulation Weight
- natural attribute of merino wool
- Claimed Weight
- hike, camp, ski, snowboard, snowshoe
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
4 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 18, 2023
FYI: what about PolyPro
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 6' 5"
The main benefit of polypropylene as a fabric is its moisture transfer abilities; this textile cannot absorb any moisture, and instead, moisture passes through polypropylene fabric entirely. This attribute allows moisture that is exuded while wearing a polypropylene garment to evaporate much more quickly than it would with a moisture-retaining garment. Therefore, this fabric is popular in textiles that are worn close to the skin. However, polypro has a tendency to absorb and retain body odors when it is used for undergarments, and it also melts at relatively low temperatures. Molten polypro fabric can cause serious burns, and this issue also makes it impossible to wash this fabric at high temperatures. Polypropylene fabric is one of the lightest synthetic fibers in existence, and it is incredibly resistant to most acids and alkalis. In addition, the thermal conductivity of this substance is lower than that of most synthetic fibers, which means that it is ideally suited for cold weather wear.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help