Enjoy the view.
Perfecting the goggle-to-helmet interface, the Giro Vue MIPS Helmet features a flip-down shield that replaces your traditional goggles. This shield provides a crystal-clear viewing window to the alpine environments while blocking harmful UV rays and eye-watering breezes from whipping through. It's mirrored to enhance the contrast of the snow, which is especially helpful on those days where flat lighting is prevalent.
Besides its flip-down shield, the Vue MIPS is quite similar to Giro's traditional snow helmets, which is a good thing if you're seeking a low-profile lid with certified impact protection. In-Mold construction keeps it lightweight with its tough polycarbonate shell fused directly to the impact-absorbing EPS foam. It's packing MIPS technology, which stands for Multi-Direction Impact Protection System. MIPS technology places a low-friction elastomeric liner inside the helmet, which rotates independently around your head in the event of an angled crash, subsequently reducing the rotational forces transferred through the helmet.
- Helmet with massive flip-down shield that replaces goggles
- Flip-down shield blocks UV rays and increases snow contrast
- MIPS technology reduces rotational forces from angled impacts
- In-Mold construction maintains low-profile protection
- In Form fit system with control dial for custom fit
- Thermostat Control Dial opens and closes the vents
- Stack Vents sit atop shield for fog-free optics
- Item #GIR00FL
- Q & A
Cool idea, but my face is usually cold
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
You have a much bigger range of vision which is cool, but it doesn't seel to your face, so your face gets cold. It definitely protects my head, but its not my primary use helmet now.