Select Style & Size
Edge 830 Bike Computer
Just as bikes, apparel, and accessories are becoming more and more cycling discipline-specific, bike computers are not immune. Designed especially for off-road use, this version of Garmin's Edge 830 Bike Computer gets a Mountain Bike Bundle which elevates the high-tech tracking and mapping ability we loved about the Edge 830 by adding integrated Trailforks data, including trail difficulty ratings so you can always know what to expect on your ride. Additionally, it gets a mountain bike mount, Edge remote, and a silicone case to distinguish itself from the standard Edge 830.
The Edge 830 includes all the features we loved on the Edge 820 with a host of additions to boost your cycling game. Its full touchscreen is a welcome and user-friendly upgrade from the mixed button/touchscreen system employed on the Edge 520, but the mapping options are what really make this computer shine. It comes with a preloaded Garmin Cycle Map and internal memory for adding more maps if needed. It lets you precisely plan your routes, provides round-trip routing direction to keep you on course and offers up audio prompts via Garmin Connect Mobile so you can keep tabs on your metrics and progress without constantly craning your neck to stare at your stem.
As with the Edge 530, the Edge 830 displays metrics encompassing everything from charting fitness levels to power output and targeted recovery. It also features Strava Live Segments, which means you can now track segments in real time out on the road. The Edge 820's direct connection to Strava gives you a leg up in the battle for K/QOM's with live updates as you ride, simultaneously displaying the stats of your present performance against the current segment holder and your own personal record. The days of getting home and excitedly loading files only to be crushed by the dreaded second place badge next to a coveted segment because you misjudged the endpoint by a handful of meters are over.
And for all of the mountain bike data nerds out there, this Edge 830 features MTB dynamics which has the ability to track jumps, jump distance and hang time. It also calculates Grit, a measure of the ride’s difficulty, and Flow, which tracks the smoothness of your descent so you can find out where the fast lines are. You can even toggle through these functions while riding in rough terrain with the included Edge Remote without removing your hands from the grips.
In addition to all that shininess, the Edge 830 features ANT+ and WiFi connectivity to pair with your power meter or other metric-gathering devices of choice. It's compatible with Shimano's D-Fly Data Management system, effectively replacing the PRO Scio ANT+ head unit when used with Di2. Additionally, it monitors gearing in other electronic shifting systems via ANT+ and pairs with ANT+ turbo trainers. It performs all the basic computer functions such as speed, trip time, trip distance, and odometer and the GPS and GLONASS compatibility keeps you located no matter where your ride takes you. It automatically uploads to Garmin Connect, syncs with smartphones for notifications, and displays weather information so you're never out of the loop or surprised by changing conditions mid-ride. Lastly, it's battery life is an impressive 20 hours and it works with the Garmin Charge power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life.
- A cycling computer built for the mountain biker
- MTB dynamics track jump count, jump distance and hang time
- Integrated Trailforks data includes trail difficulty ratings
- Records speed, time, distance, and paired sensors for analysis later
- Works with Varia cycling awareness devises for safer cycling
- Utilizes LiveTrack and GroupTrack to locate other riders
- Uploads data to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi signal
- Edge Remote lets you operate the computer without taking your hands off the grips
- Item #GRMF008
- Heart Rate Monitor
- with strap sold separatley
- Technical Features
- touchscreen, preloaded Garmin Cycle Map, internal memory, round-trip routing, route planner, incident detection, audio prompts (through Garmin Connect Mobile), ambient light sensor, power meter compatibility, ANT+ electronic shifting monitoring, Strava Live Segments, performance condition/lactate threshold/stress score, Virtual Partner, advanced workouts, customizable screen, Smartphone notifications, weather tracking
- ANT+, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Battery Life
- 20 hours (works with Garmin Charge™ power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life)
- Battery Type
- rechargeable lithium-ion
- Low Battery Indicator
- Mount Type
- mountain bike, standard
- Edge 520 Plus Mountain bike mount Standard mount Edge remote Silicone case Tether USB cable Manuals
- 50 x 82 x 20mm
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- cross country, ednuro, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?