Named after the legend himself.
- Climbing rope of choice for professional master Tommy Caldwell
- 9.6mm is both light for multi-pitch and strong for sport projects
- Thermo Shield bonds core to sheath for outstanding handling
- DuoTec permanent bi-pattern eases anchor cleanups and rappels
- 3D lap coiled comes straight out of the package without kinks
- Item #ELR003N
- Q & A
My new all arounder
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I looked at every major brand on the market before I settled on this specific rope. And price point was a real factor this time around. I’d classify this as an intermediate rope as it’s not the skinniest thing out there but it’s not the monster 10.5 that was my last all-arounder either. Noticeably less rope drag and lighter weight. It feeds through my ATC and my partner’s Grigri but you need to be paying attention on belay as it won’t auto lock every time. That’s not a defect, just a consequence of size and a smooth handling sheath, and just what I wanted/prefer! It’s got a soft catch and both takes and releases on knot well, even after projects. I’m a sucker for a bi-pattern and wasn’t looking for a dry treatment this time around so I’ve got this season’s go-to in the bag!