Why We Like The Edelrid Heron Eco Dry Climbing Rope
The Heron Eco Dry likes to diversify its sends, giving us smooth handling and soft catches from icefalls to landmarks. 100% free of PFCs, this rope's dry finish aligns with our earth-friendly ethos while still giving us the same durability, water-repellency, and dirt-resistance that we expect from Edelrid.
- Versatile single rope for ice, rock, plastic, and mixed routes
- 9.8mm diameter for a balance between weight and durability
- PFC-free Eco Dry finish decreases water absorption to less than 2%
- Center mark lets you easily identify the middle of the rope
- Thermo Shield finish delivers long-lasting smooth, supple handling
- Item #ELRC04Y
- Responsible Collection
- Bluesign Approved
- Dry Treatment
- PFC-free Eco Dry finish
- Static Elongation
- Dynamic Elongation
- Impact Force
- UIAA Falls
- Center Mark
- Sheath Construction
- 3D kernmantel
- Sheath Mass
- Rope Weight
- Claimed Weight
- [60m] 8lb 5.3oz, [70m] 9lb 11.6oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
5 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 10, 2022
Excellent handling and durability so far
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 6' 4"
I’ve had this out for 8 weekend trips so far. I will say the rope was a bit gummy the first few outings - raps were a bit hard to predict in the grigri, but that smoothed out quickly - it’s now my groups favorite rope! Handling and clipping is super smooth, catch is soft. Oh, and it has almost no fuzzies even after three days on the sharp granite in the black hills.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help