Select style & size:Select options
The Continental Cross King 27.5in Tire (previously known as the X-King) maximizes your rolling speed without compromising much in the way of grip on smooth-buffed trails and cross-country racing scenarios. For 2018, Continental now offers this Cross King in a voluminous 2.6-inch width for greater support, traction, and bump compliance for those riders with plenty of frame clearance for running these wider tires.
As its name suggests, it's primarily intended for cross-country riding and racing, but it also works great as a rear tire for many trail riding applications, due to its fast-rolling attributes and ability to quickly accelerate out of corners. For these trail riding scenarios, many riders choose to pair a Cross King Tire in the rear with a burlier Trail or Mountain King in the front for a bit more traction and confidence across the rough stuff.
The Cross King enjoys the tacky grip and minimal rolling resistance afforded by its BlackChili compound, which balances high levels of traction with fast-rolling speed—making it an ideal compound for cross-country racing and trail usage as a rear tire. It's reinforced from slits and punctures with Continental's Protection layer, giving you peace of mind while riding hard and fast across rock gardens and roots in the forest. Additionally, it's tubeless-ready, so you can significantly lower tire pressure to gain traction and a smooth-riding feel, plus the self-sealing reassurance of tubeless sealant inside.
- Fast-rolling tire for cross-country riding and racing
- Works well as a rear tire for many trail riding scenarios
- Small block tread rolls fast and grips over smooth trails
- BlackChili compound for tacky grip, low rolling resistance
- Protection layer prevents punctures and slits on the trail
- Tubeless-ready for self-sealing reassurance
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality
- Item #CON004X