Heavyweight X Baselayer 1/4-Zip Top
- Heavyweight baselayer for the coldest days of the season
- Four-way stretch allows for unencumbered mobility as you ride
- Performance fabric wicks sweat, dries quickly, and traps body heat
- Anti-odor technology prevents odor-causing microbes from taking hold
- Item #BURZ8HG
- Heavyweight 300 Living Lining (89% polyester, 11% spandex)
- Insulation Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
January 13, 2021
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 3"
- 225 lbs
The top has a slimmer fit and plenty of length in the body, which I like. On the other hand, the collar is very loose, which I don't think will trap as much heat as if it fit snugly against my neck. The sleeves do not have the annoying thumb holes, which I think is good, instead they have a loop of elastic sewn into the sleeve, which I think you could cut off if you wanted; it doesn't seem to get in the way, so I plan on ignoring it. I also tried an XL "Marmot Men's Polartec® Baselayer ½-Zip Jacket", which is very nice, and it has a collar that is not as loose as the Burton top. It also has plenty of length in the body. The material of the Marmot top feels more delicate, so it may not be as durable. I noticed that you can get the Smartwool Merino 250 top for about the same price, but I think the Burton top is probably easier to launder. I like the fit of the Burton top, so even though I don't know about the collar, I may keep the top. Still trying to decide.