Eager and bold.
Between the Fox and Wisconsin Rivers lies a natural Portage. Taken advantage of by early Native American tribes, and later European traders and settlers, the potential for this land was vast. Portage emerged as a town for its unique position along a marshy floodplain that was easy to travel through on fur trading routes between Green Bay and Prairie du Chien. The settlers of this land were eager and bold, worked hard, explored and set new standards. The Thorogood Portage boots may not have the same fur trading and Native American roots that their namesake does, but they do set a new standard for style and durability. Crafted from Genuine Horween Chromexcel Leather, the Portage boots are built over the classic style of the No. 60 last, and reinforced with Goodyear welt construction. Leather lugs and nitrile cork outsoles support you and lend themselves to surefootedness. 100% USA built and quality checked, you can trust the Portage boots to withstand time its self.
- Set new standards for style with these durable work boots
- Support your foot from toe to heel with genuine Horween leather
- Reinforced with Goodyear welt construction to withstand the test of time
- Rough and ready leather and nitrile cork outsoles provide surefooted grip
- USA crafted and quality checked for durability
- Item #TGO0005
- Q & A
Tough as Nails
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I got a pair of these for my husband and he is over the moon. They are super comfy, though he said they took about two weeks of around town walking to break in. They style super hard, he gets compliments all the time. After a few months of regular wear, they look better than new. Though the suede is more finicky, the tongue and toe take a beautiful shine. All around a beautiful boot.