Select style & size:Select options
Sleep closer to the stars.
Lift yourself off the cold, muddy ground and get closer to panoramic vistas and starlit skies with the elevated camping of the Yakima Skyrise 3-Person Rooftop Tent. Yakima channels decades of hauling and outdoor expertise into the lightweight design and robust durability of this rooftop tent. This particular version comfortably accommodates three campers overnight with its 37 square feet of interior space and plush foam mattress that eliminates the need for inflatable sleeping pads.
The tent body and rainfly are constructed of 210D nylon with the rainfly employing a PU coating that repels oncoming showers and storms from dampening your camping experience. Not only are these materials durable and relatively lightweight, but they're breathable, so you won't have to suffer on those warmer summer evenings. For even greater ventilation, there's mesh-lined windows and two skylights that provide unobstructed stargazing at night. The entire thing is supported by lightweight aluminum poles and a fold-out ladder for easier in and out. It'll support up to 600 pounds of weight without bending or creating issues with your crossbar system.
The Skyrise Rooftop Tent attaches to most factory and aftermarket crossbars, provided your vehicle's rack and chassis can support the additional weight sitting on top. Please visit Yakima's Skyrise Rooftop Tent page, then click on the "Check My Tent Fit" to find if your vehicle and rack system is compatible. Tool-free vehicle mounts allow you to take it on and off without hassle and it locks to your roof rack with SKS Lock Cores for extra security.
- Yakima's foray into lightweight and rugged rooftop tents
- 3-person, 3-season tent attaches to most crossbar systems
- 210D nylon fabric with PU-coated fly for rain protection
- Included foam mattress eliminates need for inflatable pads
- Ventilated mesh windows with 2 skylights for stargazing
- Aluminum poles and fold-out ladder for sturdy pitching
- Folds up to a low-profile size atop your vehicle
- Tool-free vehicle mounts and included SKS locks
- Item #YAK003Q
- Q & A
The best tent ever!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have used it twice and so far: I don`t know why I haven`t made the move to roof top tents sooner. This is the easiest tent to set up! Literally in less than 3 minutes your tent is ready to go.
Well it work for a 85 Toyota 4runner and if so is there a way to attach to the roll bar in the summer when you can take the back top off.?