Select style & size:Select options
The new gold standard.
- TIME's flagship road pedal is the refinement on a classic
- New lower plate improves aerodynamics and protects the blade
- Carbon Flexion blade has adjustable tension in 3 positions
- Bioposition design reduces stack height to a low 13.5mm
- The larger pedal platform adds even more stability
- IClic cleats offer adjustable release angles
- Ti spindle and carbon body lower weight, not durability
- CeramicSpeed bearings offer the smoothest spinning
- Item #TME001B
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
With some components, you really have to wonder if anyone at the manufacturer actually every test rode them for more than a few miles! If anyone at Time did, it would be apparent to them that the cleats on these pedals, for whatever reason, squeak 'n creak incessantly and annoyingly! Grease, wax, dry lube, lightly sanding, different shoes, whatever -- it works for a few rides but then the noise is back. And, the new cleat version squeaks worse than the old! A few friends of mine have Xpressos as well and report the same issue. I gave these pedals an entire season to work but this is a dealbreaker for me. Back to the usual brands.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have not had a chance to ride these pedals. I have one race left this season and won't switch pedals before then. I did buy these to lighten my bike up a bit and for the ease of clipping in and out. I received these and took them out of the box. The pedals were packaged well and come in a styling box. I took them out of the bike and WOW, they are so light. Compared to my Dura Ace pedals, they are noticeably lighter. Much much lighter in fact and the bearings are absolutely smooth. They also look really good. I am happy with my choice and can't wait to get a season of racing in on these pedals!