Why We Like The X01 Eagle DUB Crankset
Standing for Durable Unified Bottom Bracket, or DUB for short, SRAM's latest push forward in crankset technology unifies all major bottom bracket standards under a newly introduced spindle diameter of 28.99 millimeters, versus the previous 30 and 24-millimeter spindles used by SRAM. What that means is this trail and enduro-friendly XO1 Eagle DUB Boost Crankset is compatible with virtually any mountain bike, whether your frame uses a threaded, Press Fit, BB30, or PF30 bottom bracket.
After its initial release, we could already hear the groans of riders used to being bombarded with ever-changing standards in the mountain bike world. But before you click away, just hear us out. By focusing first on bearing longevity and sealing, then designing the spindle diameter to meet these needs, SRAM was able to engineer a new crankset that's every bit as light and stiff as those with 30-millimeter spindles, but one that provides the increased durability of systems with 24-millimeter spindles. It's really a simple concept and one that elevates SRAM's Eagle DUB Cranksets to the top of the market with their optimal mix of lightweight efficiency, stiff pedaling, and robust durability across all twelve gears.
Outside of this DUB standard, the XO1 Eagle DUB Crankset is ideal for aggressive trail and enduro riding disciplines with its Carbon Tuned lay-up, which is built stiff enough to maximize energy transfer without sacrificing overall toughness when you thrash and bash it across gnarly rock gardens. This specific XO1 Eagle DUB crank is for BOOST spacing only, meaning it won't work on older bikes with 12 x 142-millimeter rear axles. It's one of the lightest cranks in SRAM's line at a paltry 471 grams, only surpassed in gram-counting efficiency by the cross-country favorite XX1 Eagle DUB Crankset (which is the lightest in SRAM's line when combined with a DUB bottom bracket).
- SRAM's XO1 Eagle all-mountain crank with DUB 28.99mm spindle
- Works with major BBs: English/Threaded/BSA, Press Fit, BB30, PF30
- SRAM designed DUB Cranks to improve bearing durability and sealing
- Bearing life of 24mm systems, light and stiffness of 30mm systems
- Carbon Tuned crank arms for stiffness and lightweight efficiency
- Compatible with Eagle 12-speed drivetrain components
- Boost-specific design for 12 x 148mm rear axles
- DUB bottom bracket must be purchased separately
- Item #SRM00D1
- Arm Material
- carbon composite, foam core
- Arm Length
- 170mm, 175mm
- Chainring Sizes
- 32 t
- BB Type
- BSA/Threaded/English, Pressfit, BB30, PF30
- 28.99mm (diameter)
- Compatible Components
- SRAM Dub Bottom Brackets, SRAM Eagle 12-speed drivetrain components (e.g. chain, cassette, etc...)
- 2 pedal washers, 2 crank boots
- Claimed Weight
- [175mm, 32t] 1lb 0.6oz (471g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 28, 2023
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The X01 crankset was perfect for my new setup! The cranks are lighter and I opted for the 165mm size as my bike came with 175mm cranks and I’m shorter. I feel like this made a huge difference in pedaling up the first hill I attempted on the new drivetrain. The red graphics are a cool design touch as well.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
August 17, 2020